Exercise and physical activity fall into four basic categories—endurance, strength, balance, and flexibility.
Most people tend to focus on one activity or type of exercise and think they’re doing enough.
Each type is different, though.
What are the 5 types of exercise?
Exercise falls into 5 main categories:
- Aerobic. Aerobic exercise is the kind that makes you breathe harder and builds your fitness up.
- Strength building.
- Balance Training.
- Moderate intensity exercise.
- Vigorous exercise.
What are the 4 types of exercise?
There are four types of exercise that everyone should be doing regularly:
- Aerobic exercise. Endurance activities increase your heart rate and breathing to improve your cardiovascular ‒ and overall ‒ fitness.
- Strength training.
- Balance exercise.
What are the 10 best exercises?
The 10 Best Exercises for Men
- Quads. Barbell Front Squat with Heels Elevated.
- Shoulders. Half-Kneeling Single-Arm Bottom-Up Kettlebell Press.
- Back. Dumbbell Chest-Supported Row.
- Triceps. Dumbbell Floor Press.
- Glutes. Barbell Hip Thrust.
- Hamstrings. Barbell Straight-Leg Deadlift.
- Calves. Standing Dumbbell Single-Leg Calf Raise.