Exercise and physical activity fall into four basic categories—endurance, strength, balance, and flexibility.
Most people tend to focus on one activity or type of exercise and think they’re doing enough.
Each type is different, though.
Doing them all will give you more benefits.
What are the 4 types of physical activity?
Types of Physical Activities
- Aerobic activity makes you breathe harder and your heart beat faster, as a result, increases heart and lung fitness. Examples include brisk walking, dancing, cycling, jogging, swimming and playing basketball.
- Muscle-strengthening activity increase bone strength and muscular fitness.
What are the 3 types of physical activities?
Well, you need three main types of activity. They are aerobic (sometimes called “cardio”), muscle-strengthening, and bone-strengthening.
What are the 5 basic exercises?
5 Essential Fitness Exercises
- Squats. Squats are a simple exercise, but often performed with poor form.
- Lunges. The working leg should be forward, the back leg hip distance apart, and in a split stance.
- Pushups. Start in a basic plank, hands slightly wider than your shoulders and your palms on the floor.
What are the main types of exercise?
The 4 Types of Exercise You Need to Be Healthy
- Aerobic exercise. Aerobic exercises, such as running, swimming or dancing, are activities that work your cardiovascular system — they get your heart rate up and make you breathe harder.
- Strength exercise.
- Balance exercise.
- Flexibility exercise.